The Mighty Wolves had the opportunity to make a gift for someone at their last den meeting. The boys worked on elective 9 – “Let’s Have a Party” and made a Christmas Gift anyone would enjoy. The boys filled Christmas Mugs with hot chocolate and marshmallows, wrapped them with cellophane, and tied a bow. The boys are going to make a custom card for someone with instructions: “just add hot water and enjoy!”. Check out more adventures of the Wolf den in our Photo Albums.
Dear Pack Families,
Please “Save the Date” for an exciting and fun-filled Pack Event for the entire family on December 23rd from 9:00 to 2:45 p.m. at Knotts Berry Farm.
The Adventures in Education Program is a guided tour of Knotts Berry Farm that includes programs specially designed for scouts.
The highlights of our tour include:
- Snoopy on Ice Show – Enjoy music of the holiday season and world class ice skaters in the Charles Schultz Theater.
- A Live Theatrical Performance – “The Gift of the Magi” is a story of giving by O. Henry in the Bird Cage Theater.
- Blacksmith – See a demonstration at the Blacksmith Shop on the importance of his craft in the old West.
- Toy Maker – Find out about old-fashioned toys and games children enjoyed log ago.
- Train and Log Ride – Take a ride on the Calico Rail Road and experience the thrill of a logging camp on the Timber Mountain Log Ride.
The cost of the program is $18 per person and includes the tour and lunch. Parking is an additional fee per vehicle and as such, carpooling is highly encouraged. Additional siblings are welcome however, children under first grade should not attend. The tour is a separate ticketed event and Season Passes do not apply for tour. The scouts will even receive an exclusive limited-edition Scout Patch for participating in this event!
The Mighty Bear Den brought Christmas cheer to the Emeritus Assisted Living Community last Friday with Christmas carols and companionship. After the singing, the boys had a chance to visit with the residents and give them Christmas cards that they had made. Three Wolves joined in with the Bears and brought home-made cookies to the residents that they themselves had baked that day. Smiling faces were plentiful that evening, while scouts and their families received plenty of Christmas cheer in return.
See more pictures of the evening in our photo albums.
The Diocese of Orange Catholic Scouting Organization is sponsoring Cub Scout Advent Day on Saturday, December 4th, for those that are interested. Enjoy a day of fun and faith in the Cub Scout way as your son explores the season of Advent and prepares for celebration of Christ’s birth and triumphant return! Parents are welcomed to stay and participate.