The Christmas Boat Parade in Newport is right around the corner. Here is some information you might find useful:
- The event is on Friday, December 17th. The parade officially starts at 6:30, but will not reach the sea base until around 8:00. It is highly suggested that you arrive as early as possible. The sea scouts will have activities for the younger scouts before the parade starts.
- The Seaport is located at 1931 W Coast Hwy, Newport Beach, CA 92663. You can view a map by clicking on the image to the right or print instructions by clicking HERE. When driving to the area, Newport Blvd will likely be crowded. An alternative that may be less crowded is to use 19th street to Dover Drive.
- There is no parking at the Sea Base. Carpooling is recommended to minimize the number of cars. Car loads can be dropped off and picked up in front of the base.
- If visitors arrive early, there might be public parking available at the meters or the small parking lots behind the businesses on the north side of PCH. If visitors arrive only a short while before the parade, expect close by parking to be gone, and heavy traffic on PCH. The closest available may be in the neighborhood on the bluff above PCH. There may be parking at Horace Ensign Middle School, at the corner of Irvine Ave. & Cliff Dr. This is about a 1 mile walk downhill to the Scout Sea Base (and of course, uphill after the parade!).
- The base will provide chairs and will have food for sale. No need to bring anything except warm clothes and maybe an extra blanket. Since all scouts should be covered by a few layers of sweaters and jackets, there is no need for any uniform.
- Note that the parade will go on rain or shine. If there is any chance of rain, come prepared!
- You can find more information about the parade itself here: http://www.christmasboatparade.com/
We look forward to a fun evening with our pack family.