It’s time to prepare for Pack 811’s next big summer event: Go-Kart Races! Many of you know how to make miniature race cars that speed down a track, but now it’s time to build a life size race car and drive it to victory!
How it will work:
- A race team consisting of 1 or 2 Scouts can sign up to build and race a kart. In order to participate, Scouts must sign up online here. But hurry! You must sign up by July 5th!
- Karts must be assembled from official Pack 811 kits. ALL required components (pre-cut wood, fasteners, seat belt, wheels) are included in the kit.
- Decide whether you want to pair off with another Scout from your den. This way, you can work together as a team on the construction of your kart, and split the cost! No more than 2 Scouts per Kart/Team.
- Each Official Kart Kit costs $45 and can be picked up from Mike Rivera between July 9th-11th.
- Scouts will assemble, paint and decorate their kart in any theme they choose.
- All team members will compete individually in their kart at the event on Saturday, July 18th at 1263 Oakcrest Avenue, in Brea from 9:30am. to 12:00noon.
The cost of each kart is actually much higher than $45, but we are hoping to find sponsors to help the pack pay for the difference. We need both material donations (such as lumbar and fasteners) and money donations (to pay for wheels and other components). If you know of a company who is willing to sponsor the event, or you are willing to solicit donations from Home Depots, please contact Mike Rivera.
Scouts who participated in Pack 811’s Go-Kart race in the summer of 2013 may trade in their old kart to receive a rebate up to $30 (if components are in satisfactory shape). This is not only a great money-saving opportunity; it also upholds the practice of “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.” Scouts are strongly urged to participate in this effort. To do so, please drop off your 2013 Go Kart at Mr. Remley’s house (1335 Strattford St., Brea, Ca 92821) before July 6th.
Please click on the image to the right to view the build and safety rules for the race. Design awards will be given to the teams with the coolest designs. Race awards will be given to the fastest racer, and a cool patch will be awarded to all participants.
PLEASE SIGN UP YOUR INDIVIDUAL SCOUT OR TEAM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
>> SIGN UP HERE <<