Greetings Pack Families,
We were just made aware of an opportunity to volunteer at the Disney 1/2 Marathon on Sunday, September 1st, and earn a free Theme Park Pass! Scouts must volunteer for the event and enthusiastically cheer for the runners for 3+ hours in order to receive the pass. Siblings and family members are also welcome to attend, but they are not eligible for a ticket. The one catch – the deadline to sign up is TOMORROW, MONDAY AT 3PM. Scouts must be at least 6 years old.
Here are more details from the event website. Thanks to Karyn Reed who made us aware of this opportunity.
On Sunday, September 01, 2013 the Disneyland® Resort and the city of Anaheim are happy to celebrate the 8th anniversary of the Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend, the Happiest Race on Earth! This event will welcome thousands of runners to the Disneyland® Resort and the city of Anaheim.
Volunteers are needed to provide Anaheim landmarks with groups that will supply energy & enthusiasm along the route. Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Girl Scout and Venture Units part of the Southern California Councils are invited to support the runners by cheering for them along the route. This is a great community service opportunity!
- Volunteers must be at least 6 years of age. All youth must be supervised at all times by an adult, 18 years of age or older.
- This is a group activity. In order to participate, Scouts must register for the event with their own unit or Troop. That unit must have a minimum of three (3) Scout youth not in the same family and a minimum of one (1) adult over 18 years of age. Groups may not be mixed with siblings or with members of other groups.
- No additions or substitutions will be accepted after the registration deadline.
Scout groups who meet the following criteria – and who register before Monday, July 29, 2013 (or while space is available) – are eligible to participate:
- One adult from the unit must complete the online registration prior to the deadline. No substitutions or additions will be accepted after the registration deadline.
- Registered groups must include at least three (3) Scout youth from three (3) different families.
- When registering online, you may not mix Scout youth (for instance, Scouts from Troop 10 and Scouts from Troop 12) in the same group. Each Scout youth must be registered with their own unit.
- Each Scout youth’s identification number or birth date must be provided for the online registration.
- Every Scout youth must be currently registered/on file with their local county Council (i.e. Orange County Council, Long Beach Council, Los Angeles Council) for either Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts.
- Scout youth must be at least age 6 by Sunday, September 01, 2013.
- Full Scout uniform as approved by your Scouting organization must be worn. No jeans, T-shirts or open-toed shoes (no flip flops or sandals) will be permitted.
ADDITIONAL EVENT INFORMATION
- Scouts from all over Southern California will cheer for the runners in the Disneyland® Half Marathon.
- Squirt guns or squirt bottles are not allowed.
- Each participant should bring water and snacks.
- Runners are not to be approached or touched.
- Family and friends are welcome to attend but are not eligible for Theme Park tickets.